Saturday 27 August 2011

Beyond Words ~ Friendship

Who will walk a mile with me
Along life's merry way?
Be a friend and comrade blithly full of glee,
Who dares to laugh out loud and free,
And frolic in fancy play,
Like a happy child, through strewn flowery fields gay
out there on the fringe
Where he walks a mile with me.
A friend whose heart has eyes to see
with stars that shine out over darkening lea
A friend who knows
with sweet words that cheer the way
Where he walks that mile with me.
With such a comrade, such a friend,
I fair could walk till journey's end,
Through summer sunshine, winter rain,
beyond any words that I could name

always a constant ~ a welcoming stable~

small as a ball ~ lost and afraid ~

he was there to pave a way

he caught me as I falling

was raised by gestured words and smiles everytime

oftentimes through hot stained tears

gentle encourager ~ through to this day

a friend who accepts

who simply is

but so much more

seized a light

where all was dark

and kept that flame

that barely flickered

a spark

brightly alive and well

)Norb(

Adaptation

No comments:

Post a Comment